Hi,

Sorry, this slipped through the cracks. By default, the compaction policy
would run every 10 delta commits or so.
https://hudi.apache.org/docs/configurations.html#withMaxNumDeltaCommitsBeforeCompaction

>>but in addition to new log file, i also see that corresponding parquet
file is also rewritten.
did you also have inserts in the second delta commit?  inserts go to a new
parquet file, while updates to go the log as of now..

>>My question is whether when we write update to MERGE ON READ table,
compaction is always called?
Hudi supports both sync/inline compaction which is called with every update
or async compaction where it happens parallely.
So this is dependent on deltastreamer or datasource. I see you are using
the spark datasource, we only support inline compaction on it.
That said, we are planning to add similar async compaction support for
structured streaming sink in 0.6.0. Are you interested in that?