Fixing incorrect Satish's email.    On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 06:19:43 PM
PDT, Balaji Varadarajan <v.bal...@ymail.com.invalid> wrote:

  cc Satish who implemented Insert Overwrite support.
We have recently landed Insert Overwrite support in Hudi. Partition level
deletion is a logical extension of this feature but not currently available
yet.  I have added a jira to track this :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1350
Meanwhile, using master branch, you can do this in 2 steps. You can generate a
record for each partition you want to delete and commit the batch. This would
essentially truncate the partition to 1 record. You can then issue a hard
delete on that record.  By keeping cleaner retention to 1, you can essentially
cleanup the files in the directory. Satish - Can you chime in and see if this
makes sense and if you are seeing any issues with this ?
Thanks,Balaji.V
    On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 11:31:45 PM PDT, selvaraj periyasamy