Hi everyone,

Let's discuss how to improve the release process of Hudi in this thread.
The goal is to release Hudi more frequently and hardening the reliability
of the release.

How about dividing the release into major version release and minor version
release. The major version depends on the master branch and the minor
version only includes bugfix of the previous major release. For example,
after the 0.8.0 release, we cut the master branch to 0.9.0, and prepare
another branch 0.8.1 to include new bugfix commits only.

Minor version release we could make it monthly, and it will also be easier
for users to upgrade since there are no large changes with the code. A
bi-monthly release for the major release sounds like a reasonable number
for me.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Gary Li