Thanks Nicolas, for filing the patch. I've left a comment on the PR. In
short, I think there are some side effects. I also think given the release
decision was reverted mainly due to another serious issue, we should aim to
keep the change limited to that. We could still plan a 0.12.2 to make
0.12.x longer supported.

--
Best,
Shiyan