Hi devs,

RFC-69 proposes some exciting features and in line with that vision,
I would like to propose support for multi-table transactions in Hudi.

As the name suggests, this would enable transactional consistency
across multiple tables, i.e. a set of changes to multiple tables either
completely succeeds or completely fails. This could be helpful for use
cases such as updating details about a sales order that affects 2 or more
tables, deleting records for a customer across 2 or more tables, etc.

Hudi already provides ACID guarantees on a single table and tunable
concurrency control. We would need to build additional orchestration or
consistency mechanisms on top of existing mechanisms. I would like to
put more details in a separate RFC. However, the high-level goal is to
provide the same guarantees as Hudi provides for a single table and
should work with both kinds of concurrency control OCC and MVCC.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts from you all.

Regards,
Sagar