Hi Ethan,

This proposal sounds awesome!

- There are significant feature gaps between Hudi 0.x and master branch
already. These gaps would make migrating Hudi users to the shiny 1.0
release extra challenging.
- Certain features like Hadoop-agnostic abstractions and Trino native
connector are essential to AWS Athena/EMR Hudi + Trino users. Migrating to
a version with these features is not optional but a necessity for them.

Keeping 0.x releases going for a while can help ease the slope and boost
users' confidence in adopting new features. Eventually, this can help more
people migrate to Hudi 1.x.

Best,
Shawn