Whoops...this didn't make much sense:

>> less than 10% of iBATIS 2.0 users are dependent upon iBATIS 2.0

I meant to say:  less than 10% of iBATIS 2.0 users are dependent upon JDBC 2.0

Cheers,
Clinton

On 6/11/05, Clinton Begin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Only 13% of our users are still dependent upon JDBC 2.0.  I wonder if there is an option whereby we simply increment our supported JDKs?

Originally the iBATIS commitment was to support the current JDK version N, and version N-1.  But my question would be....what is the current Java version?  Sun says it's 1.5/5.0, but the majority of users use 1.4.  An ibatis usage breakdown by JDK version:

1.3 = 13%
1.4 = 72%
1.5 = 15%

and by iBATIS version:

1.x =  5%
2.x = 95%

So we can probably conclude that less than 10% of iBATIS 2.0 users are dependent upon iBATIS 2.0.  If they aren't updating their JDK, I wonder what the chances are that they'll need to upgrade iBATIS?

Is it possible that iBATIS 2.1.x could be the last version to support JDK 1.3?

If you're dependent upon JDK 1.3 and you're reading this....tell us!

Cheers,
Clinton