Hi Rob,

That class wraps a Reader with an InputStream, and it's used in 3 places within iBATIS to deal with legacy Java APIs.

The authors are not committers and therefore don't have CLAs filed.  They are the authors of an input stream API that uses the included Apache Compatible (1.x style) license.  As per their license agreement, we've left their copyright notice in, which is also distributed with every copy of iBATIS.  We are compliant with their license, and their license is compatible with Apache.

There's nothing wrong with an Apache project including code that uses a compatible license.  Similarly, there's no problem with an Apache project referencing or including a 3rd party framework or tool that uses a compatible license.

If it creates a problem for Lotus, I suggest they rewrite the class, file a CLA and then contribute it back to iBATIS.

Cheers,
Clinton