Hi all,

The good news is that I'm on vacation.  The bad news is that I spent the last 6 hours watching the first two extended edition Lord of the Rings movies while implementing the Multiple ResultSet support.

That was the last "required" feature for 2.2.0 to go out, so I'm thinking it should be no more than a week before we see it deployed.  There may be a few more things to go, but certainly not of that size.

Speaking of major features, I think that must be darn near the entire JDBC API we've wrapped with iBATIS, and iBATIS 2.0 is showing its age.  It's been in production for almost 2.5 years, which is great life to get out of any software.

That said, with 2.2.0 out, I fully expect the next major version to be 3.0.  I recommend 2.0 enter an extended maintenance mode, whereby we only fix bugs and make minor improvements to existing features.

I don't suggest we attempt to leverage Java 5/6 or JDBC 3/4 features in iBATIS 2.x.

Instead, I'm thinking iBATIS 3.0 should cover all of those, with 2.x still supported until JDK 1.4 drops to well below 15% usage (it's currently at around 80%).

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
Clinton