Definitely not a security risk...decompilers, decompilers, decompilers...
:-)

But, now it’s time to play the card I’ve been holding back.

Every day, thousands of developers (of well over 50% of web apps) deploy
their source code to their web/app servers in the form of PHP, Perl, Python
and Ruby.  Compiling is actually the pain in the ass, not the source code.

In either case, the JAR command in your Ant script can simply include the
source folder to get the Java files to tag along with the class file.  Only
people who are not using automated builds will have problems.  But those
people should be fired anyway.  ;-)   j/k...it’s just a matter of zipping up
the src and classes folder, or heck, if they’re sidestepping best practices
that much, just compile into the source directory and JAR that up.

I don’t think that the technology or developer skill that is going to be the
problem here.  It’s the dogma and bureaucracy that will kill this idea.

Clinton