From: Daniel Weeks <daniel.c.we...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 1:47 PM
To: "dev@iceberg.apache.org" <dev@iceberg.apache.org>, Ryan Blue
<rb...@netflix.com>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Python implementation

I agree with this approach.

Since this is an entirely new implementation for python, it makes more sense to
take the initial version (pending any additional review/comments) and then
continue to iterate from that point.  It would be very difficult to break up
into smaller commits and work through incrementally without adding a lot of
value (though going forward we should lean into more incremental contributions).

I do think that Matt brings up some good points and initially I would lean into
keeping a single repo and if we find there are more contributions in other
languages that we reconsider separating the repos to keep them from impacting
releases.

Also, want to cal lout a huge thanks to Ted for all the work they did to
contribute to this and Uwe for reviewing.

-Dan