Hi Saisai,

We are working on adding row-level delete support to Iceberg, where the
deletes are applied when data is read. We’ve had a few good design
discussions and have come up with a good way to integrate these into the
format. Erik has written a good document on it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FMKh_SQ6xSUUmoCA8LerTkzIxDUN5JbStQp5Hzot4eo/edit#heading=h.p74qmh3a6ets

I’ve also started a milestone to track this work:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22Row-level+Delete%22

That’s assuming that you’re talking about row-level deletes. Iceberg
already supports file-level delete, overwrite, etc.

Iceberg also already supports a vacuum operation using ExpireSnapshots
<http://iceberg.apache.org/javadoc/master/index.html?org/apache/iceberg/ExpireSnapshots.html>.
But, Spark (and other engines) don’t have a way to call this yet. Same
for MERGE
INTO, open source Spark doesn’t support the operation yet. We’re also
working on building support into Spark as we go.

I hope that helps!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer