Hi devs,

I'm experimenting with Apache Iceberg for Structured Streaming sink - plan
to experiment with source as well, but I see PR still in review.

It seems that "fast append" pretty much helps to retain reasonable latency
for committing, though the metadata directory grows too fast. I found the
option 'write.metadata.delete-after-commit.enabled' (false by default), and
disabled it, and the overall size looks fine afterwards.

That said, given the option is false by default, I'm wondering which would
be impacted when turning off this option. My understanding is that it
doesn't affect time-travel (as it refers to a snapshot), and restoring is
also from snapshot, so not sure which point to consider when turning on the
option.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim