In the discussion this morning, we talked about what to name the runtime
module we want to add for Hive, iceberg-hive-runtime. Unfortunately,
iceberg-hive is the Hive _metastore_ module, so it is a bit misleading to
name the Hive runtime module iceberg-hive-runtime. It was also pointed out
that the iceberg-hive module is confusing for other reasons: someone
unfamiliar with it would expect to use it to work with Hive, but it has no
InputFormat or StorageHandler classes.

Both problems are a result of a poor name for iceberg-hive. Maybe we should
rename iceberg-hive to iceberg-hive-metastore.

The drawback is that a module people could use will disappear (I'm assuming
we won't rename iceberg-mr to iceberg-hive right away). But most people
probably use a runtime Jar, so it might be a good time to make this change
before there are more people depending on it.

What does everyone think? Should we do the rename?

rb

--
Ryan Blue