±0 for having a user mailing list.

I don't believe that having more channels will lead to better support. I
agree that the archiving capabilities of Slack are limited, and the search
is sub-optimal. But we should also make sure that the questions asked are
also integrated into the documentation. The new website will also have
search capabilities, which will also make the content easier to find.

I'm not against it if people feel like there is added value in it, just
want to make sure that we as a community make sure that all the channels
are being monitored if we go down that route. And how the Slackbot would
synchronize the two channels.

Kind regards,
Fokko