Hi community,

My client is looking for the support of cherrypick static
partition overwrite. Based on my understanding, the reason we can not do it
is because we do not preserve static overwrite filters.

I would like to make a proposal to support cherrypick static overwrite:
1. We will allow users to opt in preserving static overwrite filters during
snapshot summary
2. When the snapshot is being cherry picked, we will first delete from the
current snapshot using the static overwrite fitler preserved in the
snapshot, then we will redo the add files operation.

Please share if you have any thoughts or comments on this, if we agree, I
can open up a PR for this.

Best,
Pucheng