Hi

My understanding is that lock manager is mostly used on the
HadoopCatalog. The other catalogs relays on a third party lock
mechanism: for instance, JDBC Catalog uses the RDBMS table/row
locking, REST Catalog uses implementation lock.
I would rather remove HadoopCatalog and the lock manager in favor of
the REST catalog and implementation lock mechanism.

Just my $0.01 :)

Regards
JB