Thanks for the discussion and feedback.

Do we have the consensus on point 1 and point 3 to move forward with Spark
variant encoding and support Variant type only? Or let me know how to
proceed from here.

Regarding point 2, I also feel Iceberg is more natural to host such a
subproject for variant spec and implementation. But let me reach out to the
Spark community to discuss.

Thanks,
Aihua