My concern with this change (in its current form) is that it combines
(mixes?) three things:

[1] A few paragraphs/statements that delegate to the comitter's
judgement call. (e.g., "Committer is trusted", "If committer feels"
..). So the value of adding them is not very clear to me.
[2] A few things that are implied (e.g., re-iterating ASF guidelines,
lack of agreement will definitely lead to not merging the PR --
whether to discuss the topic as a proposal or not should have a
separate process to state what qualifies as a proposal discussion).
[3] A few crisp rules, e.g, how to treat changes under spec and files
under the `format` directory.

I would avoid [1] and [2] to avoid repetition or too much reading of
those rules, especially when they are subjective (e.g., [1]) or
implied (e.g., [2]). What remains (e.g., [3] or the way to proceed if
a committer feels something is worthy of a proposal-level discussion)
fits more in a process that organizes what qualifies as a proposal vs
code change etc (e.g., the rule should not be about "whether a
committer feels that something is worth a proposal", but rather there
should be a process that guides both the contributor and committer for
what qualifies as proposal vs a direct PR).

Thanks,
Walaa.