Hi folks,

Last year in June we started to discuss the first edition of the Iceberg
Summit (https://lists.apache.org/thread/cbgx1jlc9ywn618yod2487g498lgrkt3).

The Iceberg Summit was in May 2024, and it was clearly a great community
event, with a lot of nice talks.
This first edition was fully virtual.

I think it would be great to have Iceberg Summit 2025, community event, but
maybe this time a hybrid event.
Also, regarding the number of talks received by the selection committee for
Iceberg Summit 2024, I would suggest (for the future Selection Committee)
to have new talk tracks (like user stories, practitioners, ...).

The process would be similar of Iceberg Summit 2024:
- first the community discuss here about the idea, kind of event (virtual,
in person, hybrid), ...
   * should we have another event ?
   * would you like there to be an in-person event ?
   * what kind of talks would you like to hear at such an event ?
   * what kind of talks would you not like to hear at such an event ?
- if there's no objections, the Iceberg PMC should approve the use of
Iceberg and the ASF VP M&P should be notified. I can help on the paperwork
and process again.
- the PMC will appoint two committees (at least selection and sponsoring
committees)

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB