+1 I also had the same thought while reviewing it.

Thanks
Szehon

On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 12:36 AM Péter Váry <[email protected]>
wrote:

> During the review of the 1.12.0 release notes, I have realized that we
> include the spec changes in the java binary release notes, like:
>
> - Spec
>     - Introduce SQL UDF specification (#14117)
>     - Bring back added-rows in snapshot fields (#14048)
>     - Clarify restrictions for geometry types in V3 (#14250)
>
> I think it is very missleading. The spec changes are released immediately
> when the voting happens and the PRs merged or when the specific spec
> version is finalized. There is no connection to the binary java releases
> there.
>
> Shall we stop including them in the java release notes?
>
> We can have a different page dedicated to the spec version
> changes/releases.
>
> Thanks, Peter
>

Reply via email to