Yeah, in my original post I already pointed out that Reactive Streams is a
proposed standard but not an implementation.

My proposal was to go with RxJava 1.0 + the Reactive Streams adapter (
https://github.com/ReactiveX/RxJavaReactiveStreams) for now, as that would
allow users to benefit from things like Hystrix whose base is RxJava 1.0,
while keeping their code future-proof for when RxJava 2.0 is released with
a native RS interface.

Thanks for chiming in.

Raúl.