On 30.09.2015 09:29, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Sergey Kozlov <skoz...@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
>> I filed the ticket:
>> Build examples failed from binary fabric package
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1579>
>>

> I think the reason is that we do not upload Ignite LGPL integrations, e.g.
> ignite-hiberbnate artifact to maven central. I don't see why we do not,
> because even though they depend on some LGPL-based code, the ignite module
> itself is licensed under ASL.
>
> Can we upload these artifacts manually?

We've been through this any number of times, yes? We cannot distribute
(L)GPL dependencies. If you can't run a reasonable grid that doesn't
depend on LGPL-licensed modules, then those modules are not "optional"
by any reasonable definition.

It's quite all right to have examples that require those modules; just
tell users that if they want to run those examples, they'll have to
build Ignite (or at least the LGPL dependencies) themselves.

-- Brane