On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that even if the cache is configured as LOCAL, the entries are
> nevertheless stored in serialized form. If that's the case, could someone
> explain the reasons?

Andrey, JCache has pass-by-value semantics by default, which means that
whenever you do a get from cache, you have to get a copy of the value, not
the same reference. To achieve that, we must serialize value on Put, so
that we can deserialize it on Get and get a different copy.

You have an option to set copyOnGet parameter to false, in which case
Ignite will cache the deserialized reference after the 1st Get.