I would avoid running any external payloads in public pool because it could
unpredictably affect Ignite internals. "Public" doesn't mean "opened for
everyone" here.

On the other hand, I abosuletly agree that removing possibility to
configure custom pools was not very good idea. I do not see any problems
with returning it back while still keeping "thread count" property for the
most common use case when custom pool is not needed/