Igniters,

I want to circulate again an idea of "betas" for particular product
features.

For now we have several pretty cool features which are to be released soon:
ODBC driver and LINQ in .NET. Features like this include potentially
infinite amount of use cases and of course we cannot test all of them. I
believe things like this should go through extended release cycle so that
we have time to get user's feedback before officially announcing them. It
could be betas, early previews, whatever.

The main idea is that we have a time window to obtain a feedback and
stabilize the feature.

This is a common practice for more or less big products. E.g. see Hazelcast
python client [1] and Intellij IDEA EAP 16 [2].

Thoughts?

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hazelcast-python-client
[2] https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/IDEA+16+EAP

Vladimir.