We are close to completing IGNITE-2004 ticket.
As part this ticket was made the following changes on public API
- if callback has @IgniteAsyncCallback annotation then callback should be
run asynchronously
- these callbacks are executed in special pool (callback thread pool) which
is configured by IgniteConfiguration.asyncCallbackThreadPoolSize

Any comments on this?