You can still talk about the release even if it is in the final stages. What
would be unfortunate is to miss some of the good features (like IGNITE-1371)
just because of an arbitrary date of an even of some kind, which has no
relevance to the project itself.

For what it worth, rushing releases (ie a product company way of satisfying a
time-boxed effort, aka PM-lust for scheduling) tends to end up in a
substantially lower quality of the releases.

Cos