Andrey,

 I can see offheap gets metric increments every time when get

Unfortunately not. When cache configured as OFFHEAP_TIERED it does not work.
About increment Get when Put takes place:
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.local.CacheLocalOffHeapAndSwapMetricsSelfTest#testOffHeapMetrics
The logic existed is a long time and were covered tests.

for (int i = 0; i < KEYS_CNT; i++)
    cache.put(i, i);

assertEquals(KEYS_CNT, cache.localMetrics().getOffHeapGets());

We execute only put, but get counter also incremented.

Is anyone has another opinion?