To support the point, I would add that PosgreSQL has demonstrated the
similar behavior (inspired by unix .dot files and ls):
- they have "hidden" column: xmin and xmax in any table
- they appear in select * list unless they are specified explicitly

I'll add some notices to the ticket
Take care,
Alexandre "Sasha" Boudnik

call me via Google Voice: