Alexander,

CC-ing the dev list to keep everyone in track.

I hope the case you’re talking about can be already implemented by the usage of
RendezvousAffinityFunction.setAffinityBackupFilter(…) method [1]. This method
gives you a way to control a locality of your primary and backup nodes.
Depending on the filter implementation specific nodes might end up in one
physical location while the rest in the others.

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.7.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/RendezvousAffinityFunction.html

<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.7.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/RendezvousAffinityFunction.html>

—