As I mentioned earlier I would like to work on developing the Python
platform [1]

  Vladimir made things clear that we will have to develop a Python platform
from the ground up if we have to have all the functionalities of Ignite. I
think it would be worth the effort to build things from the ground up,
rather than using the REST API or any other workarounds [2]

As asked by Dmitry, I am starting a new thread to have a broader discussion
on how should we work on this. This will be my first contribution to a
project as big as Ignite so I may take some time to adjust to all the
standards and procedures, I assure I will pick up the pace as fast as
possible.

[1]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/GSOC-2017-td13970.html
[2]