Hi Igniters,

Since review of IGNITE-4535
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4535> implementation caused
some misunderstandings, I'd like to open a discussion here and see if
everyone agrees with the chosen approach or can suggest a better one.

We are going to re-use existing EvictionPolicy mechanics to decide when
entry is going to be evicted from on-heap cache. If evictionPolicy == null,
we assume that there is no on-heap cache. One of suggested alternatives was
to have a separate boolean parameter that will enable on-heap cache.

Another questionable decision was to remove tests for memory mode
variations. For example, we had GridCacheContinuousQueryAtomicSelfTest,
GridCacheContinuousQueryAtomicOffheapTieredSelfTest and
GridCacheContinuousQueryAtomicOffheapValuesSelfTest that were testing the
same functionallity for ONHEAP_TIERED, OFFHEAP_TIERED and OFFHEAP_VALUES
modes, respectively. Since those memory modes were removed, only
GridCacheContinuousQueryAtomicSelfTest was left and it now runs in off-heap
mode without on-heap cache. One of suggestions was to add a new subclass to
this test (and all other tests) that will run the same test case with
on-heap cache enabled. In my opinion, functionallity that is specific for
on-heap cache should be tested in completely separate tests (which we
already have), and there is no need to run generic tests with every
possible configuration.

What do you think?

--
Best regards,