Sasha, as far as exception we need to add checks and throw appropriate
exception on configuration validation step. Can you please file a ticket
and also point all the places known so far? I guess we already have lower
bound check. Let's add upper.

As far as long vs int - in Ignite each time-related parameter is long and
we expect milliseconds everywhere. Mostly timeouts are used to schedule
some internal activities, and long-milliseconds is the best for this. There
are some exceptions you mentioned, but I would leave it as is at least for
consistency purposes.

--
Yakov Zhdanov