Roman,

I don't like implementing of special configuration type - you loose
flexibility in this case, e.g. adding cache will most likely be a pain or a
complete restart. CONFIG SET may work, but for redis this is some kind of
global configuration, so it is pretty far from, let's say, MySQL's USE
command. I would think this should work on per-connection basis, but CONFIG
SET seems to be global.

I would think about using SELECT command for this. I think it may work as
follows. By default client is connected to database '0'. Upon first request
from the client IgniteCache with name "redis-ignite-internal-cache-0" gets
created. Same for other databases - "redis-ignite-itnernal-cache-XX". User
can register a config template for these caches.

This approach seems to be more intuitive for Redis users.

Thoughts?

--Yakov