> Can we just fix the exception
> message to clearly state that client mode requires all explicit
> configuration for such and such functionality?

I don’t like this. It will require me as a user:

* have a separate configuration for clients ALL the times.
* initialize the memory bean explicitly which looks like a hack and workaround

<property name="memoryConfiguration">
   <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.MemoryConfiguration">
   </bean>
</property>

—
Denis