Hello Igniters,

I want to propose one more method for memory metrics - segmentFillVariance, float value from 0.0 to 1.0.

Motivation: when persistence is enabled, we split memory policy into K equal segments (K = concurrency level). We calculate hash of pageId to determine segment where page will be stored. Pages eviction to disk starts when segment is full. If hash function is bad enough, one segment can overflow when there are lots of free space, and evictions can start too early. We want to be able to distinguish such situations.

I propose to calculate segmentFillVariance as difference between maximum and minimum percentage of segment fill. Greater variance signals about worse hash function.

Thoughts?

--
Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov