Hi Igniters,I'd like to discuss future changes related to  IGNITE-5655
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5655>  . Is it really good
idea to introduce new flag (ENCODED_STRING) for existing String datatype?
It's possible to use existing STRING flag at negligible performance cost.
Currently, utf-8-encoded string looks like
byteFlag nonNegativeIntStrLen bytes
This format can be backward compatibly extended to
byteFlag [negativeIntCharsetCode] nonNegativeIntStrLen bytes
Next, I suggest to add new BinaryConfiguration property for encoding to use
instead of using global property. It seems to be more convenient for
user.I'll appreciate your feedback.

-----
Best regards,
  Andrey Kuznetsov.