AFAIK the idea was not only to shutdown the node, but also to give user
(e.g. administrator) ability to observe the problem from the outside, e.g.
through JMX. E.g. if we detect Java-level deadlock, it doesn't mean that
the only possible solution is node shutdown. In addition it could be no-op,
e.g. to give user chance to collect additional system info, or simply
because this particular deadlock is resolvable (e.g.
Lock.lockInterruptibly()). So as we need to expose health info through JMX
anyway, we could also give user programmatic access to it as well.
Alternatively, we can expose this info through JMX only and ask user to get
instance of that bean manually.