Val,

I'm not an expert in how caches subsystem works internally,
 but  I think it is a good idea to add this info and tooling to Web Console
/ Visor.

Could you create issues with description on what part of Web Console /
Visor it could be added.
I guess for Visor CMD  it could be some mode for "cache"  command I think.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov