Sonar is powerful, yes, but it’s power in thoroughness. I.e. it does its job
well in cases of leisurely post-build analysis.

I’d suggest we use it (if we will use it) in the following scenarios:
 — some basic checks Sonar profile for Blocker bugs (it is fast) — something
that cannot be passed to master;
 — nightly or even weekly run with Full Sonar profile (600+ checks from
Firebug, Codestyle, Coverage, etc.) for regression and overall code quality
improvement goals.

Did not quite get you about push-to-master prohibition. Can you explain
scenario in more details?