Guys,

I would make a decision depending on a type of the problematic node:

   - If it's a *server node*, then let's kill the process simply because
   the node usually owns the whole process. Don't see a practical reason why a
   user wants to run 2 server nodes in a single process.
   - If it's a *client node*, then the best approach is to kill the node
   and not the process.