Vladimir,

In general I agree, but I do get greatly *close-minded* (pun intended)
whenever users' code that worked for the past several years all of a sudden
gets deadlocked after an upgrade. Making this feature optional is even
worse and more confusing. In this case the best action is no action at all.

BTW, would be interesting to find out how Oracle async driver behaves in
this case.

D.