Hi David,

Welcome. I believe everyone in the community is happy that new people come
and help.

I've added you to contributor role. You can now assign ticket to yourself.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

P.S. Additional references that should boost your onboarding.

Please subscribe to both dev and user lists:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#mail-lists

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEA:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup