Ilya,

Can you please clarify what you mean by 'abandons cache store operations'?
Does it mean that a read-through/write-through op is omitted, but the
public API method returns without an error? If it is so, then this is a
bug. If a public API method finishes with an exception when read-through is
omitted, then I think it is a correct behavior.