Igniters,

I am glad to announce that we finally merged MVCC and transactional SQL
support to master branch.

This long journey started more than a year ago with multiple design
brainstorm sessions, conducted by Apache Ignite fellows - Semen Boikov,
Alexey Goncharuk, Sergi Vladykin.

As things had became more clear, we gradually switched to active
development phase in November 2017. Since then we implemented new
transactional model based on multi-version approach and snapshot isolation,
and almost fully reworked SQL engine to support transactions.

But this is not the end of the story. In Apache Ignite 2.7 we expect to
release transactional SQL as "release candidate". To achieve this we still
need to implement a number of things, such as new transactional protocol
for key-value API, historical rebalance, continuous queries. Between AI 2.7
and AI 2.8 we will work on several not-yet-supported cache operations, and
also will focus on performance and stability.

I would like to thank all community members, who worked hard to make MVCC
happen: Igor Seliverstov, Alexander Paschenko, Sergey Kalashnikov, igor
Sapego, Roman Kondakov, Pavel Kuznetsov, Ivan Pavlukihn, Andrey Mashenkov,
and many other contributors who helped us with design, testing and
benchmarking.

Release notes and documentation will be prepared by AI 2.7 release.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the feature here.

Vladimir.