Nikolay,

There is indeed a feature in `setuptools` I just learned about, which would help in this case (and I believe the case you demonstrated can be quite typical, thank you for pointing it out). It gives user a clever message in the end of a stack trace like

> UnsupportedPythonVersion: pyignite requires Python '>=3.4' but the
> running Python is 2.7.15

This feature is not 100% bullet-proof, and it will not help users who will try to install my client other way than with `pip` or `setup.py`.
It will also be less helpful with old versions of `pip` (before 9.0).
However, it should cover most situations.