Hi Igniters,

On Friday I felt a real inconvenience (pain in ass) with running builds for
a ticked I worked on [1]. There were two the most frustrating moments:
1. Estimated build completion time was 11 hours after the start.
2. There are newly added suites which are failing constantly in recent runs.

I compared builds count in RunAll chain for mentioned ticked. On Oct 6
there were 105 builds, and on Oct 19 where were 113. Then I compared
differences and found suspicious items.

First of all there were 2 Windows suites PlatformNetCoverage [2] and
PlatformCWindowsX86 [3]. Former seems to be something added recently and
latter as I know was decided to be excluded from RunAll some time ago but
strangely reappeared. I suspect that these 2 suites could increase build
run time because they are quite lengthy and require Windows slaves which
are in limited amount.

Also there were 2 rather problematic builds InspectionsAop [4] and
InspectionsCore [5] which seems to fail constantly. Presence of such builds
brings a noise into analyzing build results. TC Bot treats them as possible
blockers.

So, here are my suggestions:
1. A contributor should add new build to RunAll after estimating build
running time impact carefully. If impact is noticeable such builds should
be announced and discussed on dev list. It sounds good idea to test drive
new heavy build running it on a scheduled basis first before adding to
RunAll.
2. We should not have constantly failing builds like mentioned Inspections.

What are your thoughts?

[2]
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_PlatformNetCoverage
[3]