Unfortunately, this FailureHandler doesn't seem to work. I wrote a test
that reproduces a bug and should fail. It prints the following text into
log, but the test still passes "successfully":

[2018-12-07
18:28:23,800][ERROR][sys-stripe-1-#345%recovery.GridPointInTimeRecoveryCacheNoAffinityExchangeTest1%][IgniteTestResources]
Critical system error detected. Will be handled accordingly to configured
handler [hnd=TestFailingFailureHandler [], failureCtx=FailureContext
[type=CRITICAL_ERROR, err=java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find
consistentId by UUID [nodeId=80dd2ec6-1913-4a5c-a839-630315c00003,
topVer=AffinityTopologyVersion [topVer=12, minorTopVer=0]]]]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find consistentId by UUID
[nodeId=80dd2ec6-1913-4a5c-a839-630315c00003,
topVer=AffinityTopologyVersion [topVer=12, minorTopVer=0]]
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.ConsistentIdMapper.mapToCompactId(ConsistentIdMapper.java:62)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.ConsistentIdMapper.mapToCompactIds(ConsistentIdMapper.java:123)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxManager.newTxRecord(IgniteTxManager.java:2507)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxManager.logTxRecord(IgniteTxManager.java:2483)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxAdapter.state(IgniteTxAdapter.java:1226)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxAdapter.state(IgniteTxAdapter.java:1054)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxHandler.startRemoteTx(IgniteTxHandler.java:1836)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxHandler.processDhtTxPrepareRequest(IgniteTxHandler.java:1180)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxHandler.access$400(IgniteTxHandler.java:118)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxHandler$5.apply(IgniteTxHandler.java:222)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxHandler$5.apply(IgniteTxHandler.java:220)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.processMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:1059)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.onMessage0(GridCacheIoManager.java:584)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.handleMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:383)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.handleMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:309)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.access$100(GridCacheIoManager.java:100)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager$1.onMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:299)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.invokeListener(GridIoManager.java:1568)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.processRegularMessage0(GridIoManager.java:1196)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.access$4200(GridIoManager.java:127)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager$9.run(GridIoManager.java:1092)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.StripedExecutor$Stripe.body(StripedExecutor.java:505)
    at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

--
Best regards,
Ilya