Hi Andrey,

As far as I know tests annotated by @Ignore can be conveniently tracked on
Teamcity but this requires such tests to be included into JUnit 4 test suite
(org.junit.runners.Suite).

Above requirement currently isn't met by many Ignite tests which are
included in JUnit 3 suites (junit.framework.TestSuite). This means that test
cases annotated @Ignore simply are hidden when present in such old-fashioned
suites.

We are currently working on migrating Junit 3 suites to JUnit 4. If you are
interested, work breakdown and progress can be found in JIRA:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10762

-----

With regards to Assume API, it seems more complicated. I have recently read
that tests that are conditionally skipped using this API are reported by
JUnit 4 test framework as passed. This is not very convenient.

I think I have seen somewhere mentioned that proper reporting of
conditionally skipped tests can be achieved only with JUnit 5. But I didn't
dig deeper there because we haven't yet decided whether it is worth it for
Ignite to move to JUnit 5
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10180).

Given above, I believe that the proper way to mute tests is currently with
@Ignore and Assume API. It's not 100% ideal but overall looks better than
the old one.

regards, Oleg

Andrew Mashenkov wrote